Subject: Re: [boost] [interprocess] native Windows cond_var + mutex
From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-10-28 15:46:17

> Yes and no. You're correct in that I overlooked the use of handles
> for interprocess_condition. I believe, though, that solving this for
> the interprocess_condition event handles is the same as the solution
> I use for win32/interprocess_mutex. Named mutexes (and events) can
> be used cross-process. It's a fairly straightforward fix unless I'm
> missing something. I'll get you an updated patch shortly.

For each lock you are creating handles without closing them (leaks) and
connecting by name for each lock is also pretty inefficient. CloseHandle
in the destructor is useless, as no one is going to call it as users
will just remove shared memory. Mutex names are local and can't be seen
by other users/services....

Believe me, using native calls to emulate process-shared pthreads is not
that easy.

Ion