Subject: Re: [boost] [1.48.0] Beta 1 release candidates available
From: Boris Schaeling (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-11-03 17:06:52

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 17:52:33 +0200, Boris Schaeling <boris_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 14:04:44 +0200, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 8:49 PM, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]>
>> wrote:

>>> Of course it's possible.. Since someone has to do the merging to
>>> release.
>>> It's not enough to make the changes in trunk.
>>
>> And the "someone" who has to do the merge to release is normally the
>> library maintainer.
>>
>> Since the library maintainer may not be reading this thread, Boris
>> might want to post a new message, with a subject line that begins
>> [property_tree], to increase the likelihood that the problem gets
>> addressed before final release.
>
> I sent an email to Sebastian.

Sebastian told me that he has no time to do the merge. That's perfectly
fine of course. Looking at the log history I see though that
Boost.PropertyTree hasn't been merged since 28 March: None of the changes
(four) in trunk after this date were ever shipped. I'm not sure what to do
about it as after all Sebastian is the maintainer of Boost.PropertyTree.
But it's understandably not satisfying to propose improvements or fix bugs
if they are not shipped any time soon. Is there any guideline how often
trunk has to be merged to release? Or are there any tools to find out how
far release is behind trunk for a Boost library (and to emit a warning for
example)?

Boris