Subject: Re: [boost] [stl_ext_adv] ] Interest in advanced data structures
From: Vadim Stadnik (vadimstdk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-01 09:17:56

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 11:49 PM, JOAQUIN M. LOPEZ MUÑOZ <joaquin_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> El 01/12/2011, a las 01:28, "Vicente J. Botet Escriba" <
> vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> escribió:
>

> > I will see this as a possible addition to Boost.MultiIndex as a special
> > container/index that stores the accumulation of the preceding members,
> > with the pros and cons. Whether it is worth including this in
> > Boost.MultiIndex is an open question, that Joaguin could answer if
> needed.
>
> Hi,
>
> If time permits, I'll take a close look at the lib this weekend and offer
> my views on how it potentially interacts with Boost.Multiindex.

Thank you, this should be very helpful.

Also, I would like to ask you to have a look at the example of fast
counting of intersections of one interval with sequence of intervals. It
has been already discussed in one of my previous replies to Vincente. I
guess multi-index can provide a solution to the problem, but what would be
the best efficiency of such solution with current multi-index? and what
would be the efficiency of update operations?

Regards,
Vadim Stadnik