Subject: Re: [boost] Slow Bugs Tracker
From: Lars Viklund (zao_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-04 19:48:01

On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 01:30:13AM +0100, Olaf van der Spek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Trac, the bugs tracker used, is really slow. Using it is a bad
> experience, every single time.

There's nothing particularly wrong with Trac per se as I understand it.
It's more a matter of the resources available on the Boost servers vs.
the very high load placed on them.

> Would it be possible to use a better bugs tracker?

Changing the bug tracker would break every single link made to it in the
wild, not to mention that migrating data from one tracker brand to
another brand is costly and non-trivial.

Any suggestion to migrate to another system (may it be build system,
version control system, bug tracking system), should have some
rudimentary measurements of the costs involved and the likely benefits
that would come out of it.

--
Lars Viklund | zao_at_[hidden]