Subject: Re: [boost] [1.48.0] Beta 1 release candidates available
From: Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. (jeffrey.hellrung_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-16 03:03:03

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 4:16 AM, Michel Morin <mimomorin_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 4:37 PM, Dave Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
> >> I don't think so. Jeff, neither of my co-authors have done any
> >> maintenance on this library since it was accepted, and I personally have
> >> clearly run out of time. Would you like to consider taking over as
> >> maintainer?
> >
> > Hmmm...sure, assuming the rest of the community approves and can tolerate
> > an initial "hand-holding" period.
>
> I'm sure that the Boost community will be happy if you become a new
> maintainer :)

[A recent post from Dave reminded me of this...]

Okay, let's try being more proactive here :)

What do I need to do to become the maintainer for Boost.Iterator?

I know one thing: As far as I know, I don't have SVN write access to trunk.
And I'm somewhat sketchy on the details of the boost development process,
but it sounds something like "apply changes to trunk branch, wait for tests
to cycle, check test results, and if all looks good, apply changes to
release branch". Any details anyone is willing to provide (either via list
or via personal email) regarding the development process will be much
appreciated. (I'm familiar with SVN as far as add/commit/update is
concerned, but not much more.)

- Jeff