Subject: Re: [boost] Slow Bugs Tracker
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-17 09:48:18

On 12/17/2011 7:56 AM, Dave Abrahams wrote:

> on Sat Dec 17 2011, Eric Niebler<eric-AT-boostpro.com> wrote:

>>> Certainly that is very true.
>>
>> Here's one benefit: right now, Trac is giving me an internal error
>> (database is locked) whenever I try to log in. This is not an isolated
>> incident. I've complained about this here several times before, as have
>> others. It's a Friday evening. How much load could there possibly be on
>> the server? I just want to see my bug list. This is pathetic.
>
> I've just poked OSUOSL about our hosting request again. If nothing else
> they can reconstitute the Trac there and give it sufficient resources
> for a while. Hopefully they'll be able to do a Redmine migration
> also...

Having looked at Redmine this week. About the only complaint I've seen
about it is that its UI is not as good as Trac. But that seems like a
minor issue given it's other attributes. So I'm all for moving to
Redmine ASAP. In other words.. Either we move directly to Redmine in the
new server. Or see if we can move to Redmine in the current server. And
the holidays might be the perfect time to do this move since it will
make it less impact on users.

Rene.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything