Subject: Re: [boost] [concept_check] Some issues
From: Robert Kawulak (robert.kawulak_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-19 02:28:12

> From: Dave Abrahams
> I think you're probably right, and I like your approach. I was the
> last
> person to do any serious work on BCCL (not on the archetype side of
> things) but there isn't really a regular maintainer. How would you
> like
> to take that job?

Well, I see two problems with that. First, I can't promise to always be able
to find time to address requests. Second is that I'm not familiar with most
of the implementation and I wouldn't really feel confident making changes to
it. Therefore I think it would be better if there's someone else on the list
willing to take the maintainer's job. If not, however, I guess that me as
the maintainer would still be better than no maintainer at all, so I might
try and fix it here and there, asking for tolerance if I break something.

BTW, does anybody know if Jeremy Siek - the author of the library - is still
somewhere around? I'd feel much better if I could ask for rationale about
why some things are the way they are.

Best regards,
Robert