Subject: Re: [boost] [fusion] patch for #5010
From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-21 00:24:01

On 12/21/2011 8:49 AM, Mathias Gaunard wrote:
> On 12/21/2011 01:03 AM, Joel de Guzman wrote:
>
>> I was hesitant to have this fix because "nil" is actually part of the
>> API. But, given how pervasive this problem is, it seems the best way
>> to go is to accept the fix and break backward compatibility :(
>> We might have to issue a warning in the docs.
>>
>> I'll apply the patches (change nil to nil_). Thomas, I'm CC'ing you
>> for the heads up.
>
> You could add a typedef of nil_ to nil if you detect that you're not in Objective-C++ mode
> (i.e. check for __OBJC__ or similar)

That was my recommendation in the other (related) ticket. But it seems
it's not a problem unique to Objective-C++. LEDA was also mentioned.
Anything else? If it's just Objective-C++ and LEDA, then I might just
have to ask for a patch with the appropriate #ifdefs for these problematic
compilers/libraries.

Let's hear from the OP.

Regards,

--