Subject: Re: [boost] RFC: Multiprecision arithmetic library
From: Christopher Kormanyos (e_float_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-12-22 14:58:13

 John Maddock:

>> Integer Types
>> ~~~~~~~~~
>> 1/ GMP (MPZ).
>> 2/ libtommath.
>>
>> Rational Types
>> ~~~~~~~~~~
>> 1/ GMP (MPQ).
>> [ But note that the integer types can also be used as template aruments to Boost.Rational ]
>>
>> Floating Point Types
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> 1/ GMP (MPF)
>> 2/ MPFR
>> 3/ cpp_float - an all C++ Boost-licensed backend based on Christopher Kormanyos' e_float code.
>> [ Note these three types are fully compatible with Boost.Math Trunk - so you get full standard library plus special function support ]

Jarrad Waterloo:
> It would be nice in the future to also have "all C++ Boost-licensed backend" options for the "Integer Types" and "Rational Types"

I love what John has done with this concept.
I am already way behind on a proposal for
boost::multiprecision which includes the boost-licensed
floating-point backend.

I just need to find a few days to complete the documentation.
You can find boost::multiprecision in the sandbox.

Best regards, Chris.