Subject: Re: [boost] boost modularisation status?
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-02 12:20:45

on Sun Jan 01 2012, Eric Niebler <eric-AT-boostpro.com> wrote:

> On 1/1/2012 4:33 PM, Dave Abrahams wrote:
>> on Sun Jan 01 2012, Eric Niebler <eric-AT-boostpro.com> wrote:
>

>>> I for one am glad to see this effort is ongoing. I'd like to see this
>>> project get more visibility as I see it as important for the long-term
>>> health of Boost. Can we put something on boost.org encouraging people to
>>> try out the (pre-alpha) modularlized boost distro, where to file bugs
>>> and how to get involved, etc?
>>
>> Please go ahead! I'd like to see that happen too.
>
> :-) I served my time on that project. Now I'm just a cheerleader. Feel
> free to take or leave my suggestion.

I appreciate your contribution very much, but seriously, nobody's asking
you to write code.(**) Putting "something on boost.org encouraging
people to try out the (pre-alpha) modularlized boost distro, where to
file bugs and how to get involved, etc" doesn't go much beyond
cheerleading. Could you at least make some suggestion of where a notice
like that belongs?

(**) we don't count HTML as code here, do we?

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing