Subject: Re: [boost] [interprocess] Crash of singleton_module in Windows
From: Joaquín M LópezMuñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-13 07:02:43

Vicente Botet <vicente.botet <at> wanadoo.fr> writes:

> Joaquin M Lopez Munoz wrote
> >
> > Steps to reproduce the problem:
> >
> > * Create singleton_dll.dll.
> > * Create singleton_exe.exe, which uses singleton_dll.dll.
> > * Run. On exit, an access violation happens.
> >
> > Seemingly, the problem happens when two different singletons are
> > created, one in the main executable and the other in a DLL. If both
> > singletons are created in the same module everything's OK, though.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >

> Hi Joaquín,
>
> is there a way to make evident the issue without using directly the
> ipcdetail namespace?

This has arisen in connection with an issue in Boost.Flyweight:

intermodule_singleton is an internal component of Boost.Interprocess
(besides being used by Boost.Flyweight with kind permission from
Ion) so I guess there's a way to expose this problem also from the
public interface of Boost.Interprocess.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica Digital