Subject: Re: [boost] boost threads: pthread mutex priority inheritance + patches
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-16 13:58:21

Le 21/10/11 23:27, Jason Newton a écrit :
> Ack, no discussion on this since I posted it back in July. In my opensuse
> packages, I apply the following patch to insure priority inheritence on
> mutexs. I had to go inside the mutex ctor to do the work.
>
> -Jason
>
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 5:40 PM, Jason Newton<nevion_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 4:48 PM, Jason Newton<nevion_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>>> For the moment, the few lines that compose the mutex class are easily
>>> copied so that I can do my own business inside the constructor but I expect
>>> others will run into this problem down the line and this solution is a bit
>>> unsavory. Any better advice?
>>>
>> Actually a private copy of mutex didn't work so well overall as pthread
>> conditions are hard coded to
>> void boost::condition_variable::wait(boost::unique_lock<boost::mutex>&)

There is a proposal to manage with thread attributes

* [@http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/2741 #2741] Proposal to
manage portable and non portable thread attributes.

I think that we could adopt the same design to manage with mutex
attributes. Please could you make a feature request on the Trac system?

Best,
Vicente