Subject: Re: [boost] [log][phoenix] Questions on porting to phoenix
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-01-24 12:07:22

On Tuesday, January 24, 2012 17:54:15 TONGARI wrote:

> Again, I wrote the sample code (a rewrite from my last sample).
> I store the attribute name, this way, you don't need a new type for each
> keyword (which could be of the same value_type).

Thank you, you're very helpful. I'll take a look and get back.

> Oh, BTW, I hope I can have severity(attrs) return optional<my_severity
> const&> instead of optional<my_severity> in case that my_severity is heavy
> (not this case, I know), but then the comparison ops are lost :(

Unfortunately, this is not possible ATM. As I remember, this limitation was
because an attribute value object might not actually store the value but
rather generate it on visitation (i.e. the value is passed to the visitor by
reference and then destroyed). I can't remember the exact case where this
appeared, I'll have to take a look at the code.