Subject: Re: [boost] [thread] error: ‘internal_mutex’ was not declared in this scope
From: thijs_at_[hidden]
Date: 2012-02-03 13:44:53

On Feb 3, 2012, at 6:35 PM, "Vicente J. Botet Escriba" <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Le 03/02/12 15:13, Thijs (M.A.) van den Berg a écrit :
>> of strange error I'm getting solely by including a header like this:
>>

>> #<boost/thread/thread.hpp>
>> int main()
>> {
>> return 0;
>> }
>>
>> This occurs with boost version 1.48 and gcc 4.4.5 on linux
>>

>> The error occurs at lines 53, 69, 88 and 94 in boost/thread/pthread/condition_variable.hpp, and the error is that 'internal_mutex' is not declared.
>

> Hi, I don't know under which conditions you are getting this error :(
>
> The declaration is on the file
>
> boost/thread/pthread/condition_variable_fwd.hpp
>

> class condition_variable
> {
> private:
> pthread_mutex_t internal_mutex; // *************
>
> Could you add #error before this declaration?

Thanks Vincente, that was helpful and got me going!

It turns out that that file was indeed missing the declaration, and in general quite different than the same file on another machine with boost 1.48

Maybe something went wrong during the install, and I ended up with a blended version of boost? The file date was Nov 11, and I downloaded the boost 1.48 archive yesterday. I'll do a clean install, and I now know what to look for.

Thanks,
Thijs