Subject: Re: [boost] [interest] Type Aspects and compile-time constraints
From: Topher Cooper (topher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-08 19:35:22

On 2/8/2012 5:44 PM, Beren Minor wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I would like to introduce a project I'm working on and a mechanism
> that emerged from the projects needs and, as far as I could feel, may
> be useful in a general case. By lack of words (let say), I named this
> Type Aspects, as an analogy to Type Traits.

A non-substantive comment:

I would suggest that you use a different name for this if it goes beyond
purely personal use.

The reason is that there is a technology called Aspect Oriented
Programming that is in widespread use and under active research and
development. In general it is an extension to modularization but is
usually seen as an extension to Object Oriented Programming. Many, but
not all, of the concerns it addresses can be handled in C++ with generic
programming, mix-ins and (for run time aspects) delegation.

How about Type Axises? Seems to capture what you consider distinctive
to this approach.

Topher