Subject: Re: [boost] Can't build boost 1.48 with STLport 5.2.1
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-10 12:30:33

On Friday, February 10, 2012 10:44:52 Robert Dailey wrote:
> Thanks for your response Andrey.
>
> I have the following libraries in my STLport/lib directory:
>
> stlport_static.lib
> stlportd.5.2.lib
> stlportd_static.lib
> stlportstld.5.2.lib
> stlportstld_static.lib
> stlport.5.2.lib
>
> These are simply the libraries that are generated by following the build
> instructions for STLport, I didn't rename or move anything. I assumed that
> Boost should be easily able to make assumptions about where to find things
> if I don't modify them.
>
> Do you see any issues with the libs here? Are there perhaps some options
> missing from my command line invocation?

Ok, the libraries seem fine, assuming they reside in the directories you
specified in the user-config.jam file.

Another suggestion. Do the errors only mention wchar_t versions of STL API? In
VS2003, by default the compiler used wchar_t typedef instead of making it a
distinct type. Boost.Build adds /Zc:wchar_t so that the compiler treats
wchar_t as a distinct type. But was this parameter present when you compiled
STLPort? You can open STLPort dlls in dependency walker to see whether they
export symbols with wchar_t or unsigned short in their signature.