Subject: Re: [boost] Is there interest in portable integer overflow detection, with policy based handling?
From: Ben Robinson (cppmaven_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-21 21:20:12

> Hi,
>
> Yes I think this is interesting by itself.
> Adding a range is a thing that you could consider...

The Boost Constrained Value Library is a very complete library for range
limiting. It was accepted into Boost some time ago, and the author is
putting the finishing touches on it before general release.

That library however has no provision for overflow detection. It was my
purpose to create an integer data type library, with built-in overflow
detection, which would seamlessly integrate with the Constrained Value
Library.

Thank you,

Ben Robinson