Subject: Re: [boost] Boost B-Tree Library Status
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-02-23 10:50:30

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 8:15 PM, Joel <jdy_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Beman et al,
>
> Is the Boost B-tree Library still on track to be proposed?  The reception at
> BoostCON 2011 was quite warm, IIRC.
>
> http://github.com/boostcon/2011_presentations/raw/master/tue/proposed_b_tree_library.pdf
>
> Activity on github seems to be dried up.
>
> https://github.com/Beman/Boost-Btree

I'm totally distracted by other priorities.

The hangup is variable length data, particularly strings. I still
don't think I've got the right solution to that problem.

> Also, how well do you think it would work with large keys and small payloads
> (512 byte keys, a few integers for payload).

I haven't tested that particular case with the current implementation,
but in general large keys relative to payload isn't a problem. Page
sizes need to be set realistically of course.

Cheers,

--Beman