Subject: Re: [boost] [range] adaptors and member functions pointers
From: Robert Jones (robertgbjones_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-16 06:54:57

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 4:03 PM, Maxim Yanchenko
<maximyanchenko_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> Of course this works, as well as STL iterator-based loops versus
> BOOST_FOREACH.
> As I said, this is just a syntactic sugar that makes the code cleaner, and
> it
> does this for quite a frequent case when you call element's member
> function.

I'd like to see this patch make it into a release too, despite Jeff's
misgivings. While I can
appreciate Jeff's comments about consistency of Boost interfaces in
different libraries, the
Boost Range adaptors are absolutely all about brevity and clarity of
exposition, and as
such seem especially to benefit from this syntactic sugar.

Is this patch's appearance in a release 'in progress'? Anyone?

Thx,

- Rob.