Subject: Re: [boost] Slow Bugs Tracker
From: Dave Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-22 10:02:07

on Mon Mar 19 2012, Olaf van der Spek <ml-AT-vdspek.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 6:14 PM, Dave Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> We've also heard from people who say that they've never used a large
>> Trac installation that wasn't slow.  I guess the steering committee
>> hasn't voted on this.  If you want a formal decision before proceeding,
>> please request that Beman take a vote in the steering committee.
>
> I don't mind. Can the move be completed without formal decision?

Probably, but to know that I think the steering committee would have to
say "we decline to decide"... which is about the same as making a
decision.

> If not, now seems like the right time to make that decision.
>
> How should I proceed?

Request that Beman take a vote in the steering committee, I guess.

> Who manages Trac?

Dong-inn Kim at IU's OSL (Cc'd) holds the sysadmin keys. We have lots
of people with admin privileges on the trac site itself.

> IIRC there was also talk about moving to a new VM?

Yes; what's the question?

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing