Subject: Re: [boost] DCVS vs CVS: call for constructivism
From: Philippe Vaucher (philippe.vaucher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-26 04:37:18

> What is "far from ideal (if not horrible)" about the current situation
> with Boost and SVN ? Please be specific.

I think the discussions have shown that it's hard to be specific and
convincing about this topic, but see the list of pros/cons I made in my
original post and also the posts from Beman and Julian.

You won't find individual points where DCVS seem to really
outperform/outfeature the classic CVS, but together as a whole it really
makes a difference for a lot of people. I agree that "horrible" is probably
too far streched, sorry for that... but I think the current situation
frustrates people, and it eventually gets on their nerves.

Philippe