Subject: Re: [boost] Release branch open for new libraries?
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-26 13:40:32

On Mar 19, 2012, at 6:24 AM, Daniel James wrote:

> On 19 March 2012 13:13, Marshall Clow <mclow.lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> On Mar 18, 2012, at 6:11 AM, Daniel James wrote:
>>>
>>> Sorry, we haven't set the schedule yet. Mainly because no one has got
>>> round to it. The release branch is open, but check before merging a
>>> new library, we need to check that everything's okay.
>>
>> Boost.Algorithm has been stable on the trunk for several weeks.
>
> It isn't just about test results, see:
>
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/ReleasePractices/ManagerCheckList#NewLibraryChecklist

That page says:

> Before a new library is merged into branches/release, the release manager should verify:

> • root/libs/libraries.htm entry is OK, both in the alphabetic list and in the category lists.

This is done now. (r77561)

> • root/libs/maintainers.txt entry is OK.

This was already done.

> • The library's root/libs/xxx directory contains an index.html file with either the main docs or a redirection to the main docs.
This is done now (r77564) - it redirects to the generated docs

> • The primary docs pages meet Boost requirements and guidelines. Don't leave this until too late; it has turned up lots of issues in the past.

Well, I think that they do - other people may differ.

I know there's more work to do here before release - a couple pages are pretty empty (Boyer-Moore-Horspool and Knuth-Morris-Pratt), but I've got the text around, just have to bang it into shape.

I also want an index.

> • Trunk inspection report is clean.
Yes.

> • Trunk regression tests are reasonably clean or marked up.

Yes.

-- Marshall

Marshall Clow Idio Software <mailto:mclow.lists_at_[hidden]>

A.D. 1517: Martin Luther nails his 95 Theses to the church door and is promptly moderated down to (-1, Flamebait).
        -- Yu Suzuki