Subject: Re: [boost] [quickbook] Controling the layout of table columns in docbook/fo output
From: Andreas Pokorny (andreas.pokorny_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-27 08:14:53

Hi,

Am 25. März 2012 23:32 schrieb Daniel James <dnljms_at_[hidden]>:
>> [...]
>>
>> Which is a terrible syntax, and does not work either. Depending on
>> where I put the template invocation, it ends up in the table title or
>> as a separate row.
>
> There's currently no place to put anything in tgroup. What would you
> consider to be a good syntax?

I have no idea yet. I am not quite sure what options make sense, what
combinations are possible. This system with proportional column sizes,
makes sense to some degree for the tables I looked at, but might not
make sense for other users. So it is kind of hard for me to suggest a nice
syntax that could be extended for other users too.

>> Or causes a parse error. It orrucred to me that I
>> cannot write something like:
>[snip]
>
> The template system isn't anywhere near sophisticated enough to do
> something like that.

I thought there was once a movement to let quickbook expand in that
direction. Do you think it would be possible to get closer to that?

regards
Andreas