Subject: Re: [boost] [EXTERNAL] Re: [scope_exit] trunk tests fail on sun compiler
From: lcaminiti (lorcaminiti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-03-27 16:28:39

Belcourt, K. Noel wrote

> On Mar 26, 2012, at 11:13 AM, Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:

>>> Hi Lorenzo,

>>> No, we'll leave the Sandia-Sun tester running as long as we can.
>>> Go to the Legend at the bottom of the trunk results page, one of
>>> the keys is this:
>>>
>>> n/a The library author marked it as unusable on particular
>>> platform/toolset.
>>>
>>> I suggest you mark your library as n/a for the Sandia-Sun tester,
>>> as others have done for their libraries, e.g. proto, property_tree,
>>> statechart, xpressive, etc...
>>>
>> Noel,
>>
>> it is difficult to classify a library as N/A when we don't know what
>> is not working on. I'm wondering if this is not catching a bug on
>> the regression tools.
>>
>> Boost.Thread is on the same case, and I will be interested in
>> changing whatever is needed to make it usable on Sun/Solaris.
>>
>> Please, could you see why the regression tests are not showing why
>> the test fails?
>
> Oh, I should point out that there's about 500 targets that fail to
> link due to missing Boost.Test libraries.

Note that ScopeExit (LocalFunction, etc) regression tests use Boost.Test but
the library itself does not use Boost.Test at all. So even if the regression
tests for the library fails due to Boost.Test missing, it is difficult to
conclude if the library will or not work on the platform. The only sure
thing is that the library is not being sensibly tested on Sun...

All of that said, I'm happy not worry about Sun :) I might mark the library
n/a or something like that. I'll stop trying to understand if they work or
not on Sun given that I can't really test it on that platform.

Thanks a lot.
--Lorenzo