Subject: Re: [boost] C++11 Metaprogramming
From: Olivier Grant (olivier.grant_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-01 11:39:12

Hi Dave,

That's going to be an interesting presentation. Here is a small piece of
code that allows to generate a traits structure that determines if a call
can be made on an object with a specific function name and specific
arguments and return value :

https://gist.github.com/2276393
(compile with : g++ -std=c++0x -Wall -o has_callable has_callable.cpp)

This was not possible in C++03, or at least not completely possible, and
the code is much simpler with C++11 for the cases where it was possible as
well.

Regards,

Olivier.