Subject: Re: [boost] [Review Request] Inclusion of the Boost.Polygon Voronoi Library
From: Simonson, Lucanus J (lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-11 20:15:53

From: boost-bounces_at_[hidden] [mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]] On Behalf Of Tim Keitt

> Note that underlying predicates library is in the public domain. Dunno if that helps.
> http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~quake/robust.html

As I understand it, the boost license exists because there is no provision in copyright law to relinquish copyright and place a work in the public domain.

We looked into the predicates. It doesn't really help because we actually needed different predicates. I remember Andrii explaining that to me. It turns out to be a much harder problem than I even realized when I posted it as the GSOC 2010 project idea. Fortunately Andrii solved it.

Thanks,
Luke