Subject: Re: [boost] [result_of] Make `cpp0x_result_of_impl` public
From: Michel Morin (mimomorin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-13 10:23:36

Daniel Walker wrote:
> It would be interesting to see how many Boost libraries actually
> require N3256.

Nathan Ridge and I made some efforts to test compatibility with
decltype-based result_of. All the incompatibilities we found were just
introduced by the incorrect use of result_of. They were not related to N3276.

IIRC, Pointer Container, Fusion and Spirit were fixed,
but Phoenix is still in the fixing process.

> It wouldn't be hard to run the entire test suite using the decltype-based
> boost::result_of. We just need a volunteer to run the experiment. :-) Michel?

It's pretty easy for me to report the results of testing with
decltype-based result_of, when the test runs successfully.
But, when the test fails, it is not a trivial task for me to check
whether the failure is actually caused by decltype-based result_of :/
(Of course, if someone requests testing with decltype-based result_of
for a specific library, I'll try to test it :-) )

I think modifying Jamfile to add the test with decltype-based result_of
is a reasonable approach to the regression tests.

Regards,
Michel