Subject: Re: [boost] [Variant] C++11 variadic template implementation
From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-15 15:17:32

On 04/15/12 07:07, Mathias Gaunard wrote:
> On 15/04/12 11:57, Florian Goujeon wrote:
>> Hi Boosters,
>>
>> I'd like to know if anybody were working on a C++11 version (using
>> variadic
>>
>> templates) of Boost.Variant.
>
> Variadic templates would not help at all with Boost.Variant.

Wouldn't variadic templates avoid one of the problems the OP
mentioned:

  (extending the number of types that variant can support forces
  you to disable the use of precompiled headers).

? OTOH, it may be that using variadic templates would not
lessen the compile time. Is that what you mean by "would not help"?

-regards,
Larry