Subject: Re: [boost] [release] scope_exit, local_function, utility/identity_type, and functional/overloaded_function
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-04-30 16:37:43

On 19 April 2012 21:08, lcaminiti <lorcaminiti_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hello release managers,
>
> I've been working in the trunk on a few libraries which are almost ready to
> be released:

Sorry for the very slow reply.

> a) When is the release date?

Dunno.

> b) What do I have to do to merge into release? (This will be my 1st release
> merge :) ).

The best thing to do is merge the individual changesets from the root, ie.

svn merge -c'revision-number' ^/trunk

But that can be a lot of hassle. So it might be better to merge from
your libraries subdirectories. When adding a new library to release,
use 'svn cp' to copy the appropriate directories, later merges can be
done in the appropriate directories, making use of subversion's merge
tracking.

For existing libraries, there's a good chance they haven't got very
good merge history, so, errr, do whatever works?

> 1) ScopeExit (improved)
> I'm waiting on MVSC 9 and 10 tests to cycle to make sure they all pass.
> Other compilers OK.
>
> 2) Utility/IdentityType (new)
> Should be ready to be merged into release.
>
> 3) Functional/OverloadedFunction (new)
> Should be ready to be merged into release.
>
> 4) LocalFunction (new)
> I'm making final fixes for some tests on some of compilers. Hopefully, I'll
> be done in 2 weeks max.
>
> For all of those, I've followed the checklist so I've run the code
> inspection tool, updated all docs, librariers.htm, and maintainers.txt.

Looks fine, (at least it did when I looked last week). I did find the
way you force some tests to fail a bit odd, why don't you just let
them fail naturally?