Subject: Re: [boost] [release] scope_exit, local_function, utility/identity_type, and functional/overloaded_function
From: Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. (jeffrey.hellrung_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-01 01:28:09

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 10:19 PM, Eric Niebler <eric_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 4/30/2012 1:37 PM, Daniel James wrote:
> > On 19 April 2012 21:08, lcaminiti <lorcaminiti_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >> b) What do I have to do to merge into release? (This will be my 1st
> release
> >> merge :) ).
> >
> > The best thing to do is merge the individual changesets from the root,
> ie.
> >
> > svn merge -c'revision-number' ^/trunk
> >
> > But that can be a lot of hassle. So it might be better to merge from
> > your libraries subdirectories. When adding a new library to release,
> > use 'svn cp' to copy the appropriate directories, later merges can be
> > done in the appropriate directories, making use of subversion's merge
> > tracking.
>
> Merging from the root is Boost's recommended practice, and is not
> painful at all if you're using a recent version of svn. Prefer to do it
> that way.
>
> You can merge many changesets to release at once using:
>
> svn merge -c 1111 -c 2222 -c 3333 ^/trunk
>
> where 1111, 2222, etc are the numbers of the changesets. (I didn't know
> about the ^/trunk syntax until just now, and I've never used it, but I
> will now. Thanks, Daniel.)

Hmmm..what you're saying *looks* to be in conflict with [1] (which,
incidently, I just modified as the TortoiseSVN instructions were outdated).
Can you (or Daniel, or anyone) clarify/comment?

Thanks!

- Jeff

[1]
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/ImprovingPractices#Mergingchangesfromdevelopmenttrunktoreleasebranch