Subject: Re: [boost] Boost Modularization: did we get it right?
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-09 14:47:10

AMDG

On 05/09/2012 09:15 AM, Dave Abrahams wrote:

> on Wed May 09 2012, Mathias Gaunard <mathias.gaunard-AT-ens-lyon.org> wrote:
>
>> Boost.Build *is* "the old build env".
>>
>> I've suggested to the people in charge of modularization to integrate
>> the script within Boost.Build itself, so that this step is done
>> automatically.
>
> However, the people working on modularization don't really want to touch
> Boost.Build, as we have enough on our plates trying to set up CMake as a
> potential replacement for Boost.Build and have forgotten more than we
> ever knew about how to work with it. We'd really appreciate it if
> someone else would volunteer to do this.

I'm attaching an initial cut at this.

Usage:

import link ;

symlink boost/units : libs/include/boost/units ;
symlink boost/accumulators : libs/include/boost/accumulators ;

Behavior:
If symlinks are supported, creates a symbolic
  link to the directory.
otherwise if hard links are supported, hard links
  all files.
otherwise copies all files.

This still needs some work, but basic usage
seems okay on Linux and Windows 7.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe