Subject: Re: [boost] C++ Standards Committee membership for Boost?
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-10 10:57:44

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 9:16 AM, Mathias Gaunard
<mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 10/05/2012 14:55, Beman Dawes wrote:
>
>> Procedurally, that would mean joining the INCITS (www.incits.org)
>> PL22.16, which is the US national body for C++ standardization. Boost
>> is consider US domiciled in ISO-speak.
>

> Who would pay the fees for this? I don't think Boost has its own funding,
> does it?

Yes, Boost does have its own funding, administered by the Software
Freedom Conservancy. Authorization for would come from the steering
committee. BoostCon/C++Now and Google Summer of Code involve money
and/or legal contracts, and the SFC provides the infrastructure that
allows us to handle all that with non-profit legal status. Thanks to
Bradley Kuhn for administering that at the SFC!

--Beman