Subject: Re: [boost] [Review Request] Inclusion of the Boost.Polygon Voronoi Library
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-20 20:38:55

AMDG

On 05/20/2012 05:17 PM, Simonson, Lucanus J wrote:

> Upon reflection it seems ridiculous to recompile a complex algorithm for no good reason to make it composable with an unrelated pointer type. I typically use an index instead of a void* pointer, but I don't really see one as being much better than the other.

One solution is to wrap/unwrap the void* around
the algorithm, so that the implementation sees
void*, but the user sees whatever his real type is.
Not having looked at the interface in question at
all, I don't know whether this technique is applicable,
but it's something to think about.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe