Subject: Re: [boost] [Review Request] Inclusion of the Boost.Polygon Voronoi Library
From: Andrii Sydorchuk (sydorchuk.andriy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-23 13:09:05

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 9:24 PM, Phil Endecott <
spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I.e. rather than:
>
> voronoi_builder vb;
> vb.insert(......);
> voronoi_diagram vd;
> vb.construct(&vd);

The expected library usage is actually different:

voronoi_diagram<double> vd;
construct_voronoi(begin(input), end(input), &vd);

OR (with C++11):

voronoi_diagram<double> vd = construct_voronoi(begin(input), end(input));

The builder interface is supposed to be used directly only when additional
customization is required.

> The restructuring that I'm suggesting shouldn't affect the essence of the
> hard parts of the code at all; it's just a matter of moving things around.

I understand importance of those changes and willing to commit them as soon
as they are clear and don't make current interface overcomplicated.

Regards,
Andrii