Subject: Re: [boost] [Review Request] Inclusion of the Boost.Polygon Voronoi Library
From: Andrii Sydorchuk (sydorchuk.andriy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-23 15:46:06

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 9:12 PM, Simonson, Lucanus J <
lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I'm fine with it being an index. This is how my own algorithms work. For
> example the connectivity graph extraction and the map overlay are index
> based. Below is the implementation of the interface for the general
> polygon connectivity extraction algorithm. You construct the
> connectivity_extraction object, insert into it with its insert member
> function, which returns an int, which is the index of your inserted object.
> The output data structure passed into the extract() function is required
> to be indexable with [] operators using the indexes returned. In the case
> of voronoi diagram you can return an index for each site inserted into the
> voronoi builder and write that index to a member of the voronoi cell at the
> output. If the user wants to index to a vector of altitude that is pretty
> easy, they just push the altitude back onto a vector at the time they
> insert the site into the voronoi builder.

That sounds good to me. Such implementation allows to build inplace output
data structure around user provided input.

As a side note, we would probably need to have two counters: one for points
and one for segments. Additional point sites (segment endpoints) that are
not actually part of the input could have the same index as related input
segment and its up to the output data structure to decide how to treat them
for the inplace implementation.

Regards,
Andrii