Subject: Re: [boost] Formal Review Request: TypeErasure
From: Simonson, Lucanus J (lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-24 00:52:30

Steven Watanabe wrote:

> I'd like to request a formal review of the TypeErasure library that I've posted about several times before here.
>The TypeErasure library is a generalization of boost::any and boost::function. It allows easy composition of arbitrary type erased operators.

It seems the library is a little more than that. Have you considered naming it Boost.DuckTyping? I think TypeErasure doesn't really capture the full scope of what you've done.

A much longer example where you use the library to implement something with some explanation of why you would want to use the library in such a case would be very helpful in the docs. Something like Sean's value semantics document example. For that matter, you could reimplement his document example using your library and provide draw concept and copy on write concept for types used instead of relying on inheritance.

Regards,
Luke