Subject: Re: [boost] Release notes for 1.50
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-28 16:38:37

On 28 May 2012 06:15, Vladimir Prus <ghost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> If release notes are in the live site now, should not the beta site checkout
> contain
> a prominent warning to that effect?

We don't put any such warning in the development branches, I don't
understand why the website branches should be any different. This is
the second release that I've done this way, in the last release a few
people added their release notes to the beta site, so I just merged
them. I have to check the logs anyway so it isn't a problem. And I
don't think warnings work that well, files with "don't edit this"
warnings still get changed. It's happened a couple of times recently.

> And maybe the new process of adding
> release notes
> documented?

That seems like an odd thing to say now, since the old process was
undocumented for many years. During the last release I started
documenting the website maintenance at:

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/ReleasePractices/Website