Subject: Re: [boost] Formal Review Request: TypeErasure
From: Simonson, Lucanus J (lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-05-30 18:21:20

Daniel James wrote:
>Luanus Simonson wrote:
>> Dave Abrahams wrote:
>>
>>>IMO DuckTyping is an ill-defined term that is sometimes used to hide a multitude of sins.
>>
>> Yes, after making that post I thought about it a little more and decided I don't know how to define duck typing, but I know it when I see it.
>
>How about structural typing?

I just had an evil thought for a name: MetaTyping
Evil because meta is overused, but perhaps apt in this case.
Types of types. It has similar meaning to concepts, but wouldn't be confused with concepts.

However, given Steven's lack of interest in the topic of a new name I'm guessing he wants to stick with TypeErasure and that's fine with me.

Regards,
Luke