Subject: Re: [boost] hex/unhex()?
From: Agustín K-ballo Bergé (kaballo86_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-03 17:24:32

On 03/06/2012 14:20, Marshall Clow wrote:
>> > Should hex output be upper case or lower case? c++0x suggests lower case. :p
> MySQL (and inertia) suggest upper case; note that unhex will accept both.

Would it be possible to specify the required behavior using
std::uppercase/nouppercase manipulators? I'm thinking of an additional
overload that works the way std::nothrow already does in certain
language constructs. This would of course mean that the default should
be lowercase, which I'd presume is the default for hex output on streams
as well.

Agustín K-ballo Bergé.-
http://talesofcpp.blogspot.com