Subject: Re: [boost] [1.50.0] Beta 1 release candidates available for testing
From: lcaminiti (lorcaminiti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-05 10:13:19

Dave Abrahams wrote

> on Sun Jun 03 2012, Lorenzo Caminiti <lorcaminiti-AT-gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 7:45 PM, Beman Dawes &lt;bdawes@&gt; wrote:
>>> Release candidate files for 1.50.0 beta 1 are available at
>>> http://boost.cowic.de/rc/
>>>
>>> As always, the release managers would appreciate it if you download
>>> the candidate of your choice and give building it a try. Please report
>>> both success and failure, and anything else that is noteworthy.
>>>
>>> This helps ensure the candidates build OK before we push them out to
>>> SourceForge.
>>
>> I've been using the RC in my projects and I notice an issue with
>> Boost.Parameter.
>>
>> It looks like that the RC Boost.Parameter is not able to refer to the
>> parameter types within the function declaration.
>>
>> For example, this uses `tag::x::_` to refer to x's type:
>>
>> #include &lt;boost/parameter.hpp&gt;
>> #include <iostream>
>>
>> BOOST_PARAMETER_NAME(x)
>> BOOST_PARAMETER_NAME(y)
>>
>> BOOST_PARAMETER_FUNCTION(
>> (void),
>> f,
>> tag,
>> (required (x, *) (y, (tag::x::_)) )
>> ) {
>> std::cout << x << " " << y << std::endl;
>> }
>>
>> int main ( void )
>> {
>> f(1, 2);
>> return 0;
>> }
>>
>> This example compiles using Boost.Parameter from the trunk (both MSVC
>> 8 and GCC 4.5.3) but on GCC 4.5.3
>> using Boost.Parameter from RC 1.50.0 Beta1 gives the errors below.
>>
>> It looks like there were only an hand full of changes of
>> Boost.Parameter that were not merged from trunk to release (see
>> attached .diff). Can these be merged?
>
> As far as I'm concerned, you can merge anything that you think improves
> the tests. Daniel, do you agree?

Release managers, can I merge these Boost.Parameter changes from trunk to
release?

If yes, probably the sooner I do it the better it is so I can monitor the
tests. I did a local merge and I'm using locally merged release in my
projects/tests -- everything is fine, and the x::tag::_ bug is fixed, as far
as I can tell.

Please advice.

Thanks a lot.
--Lorenzo