Subject: Re: [boost] [review] Multiprecision review (June 8th - 17th, 2012)
From: Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. (jeffrey.hellrung_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-17 13:50:35

On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 6:25 AM, Keith Burton <kb_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> >> The review of Multiprecision is due to end on Sunday, June 17th, 2012,
> but
> >> AFAIK we only have two (very detailed and informative!) formal reviews
> so
> >> far, which I fear is not enough to establish community consensus for
> >> acceptance. I want to encourage more reviews from the community. If
> anyone
> >> would like to extend the review deadline to give himself or herself more
> >> time to look at the library, discuss it, and/or write a review, please
> let
> >> me know!
> >
> > Relating to that it would be useful to know if the lack of reviews is due
> > to:
> >
> > 1) No time.
> > 2) No interest.
> > 3) Don't like the library but are too polite to say so ;-)
> > 4) Doesn't address the specific use case you're interested in.
>
> > Many thanks, John.
>
> I have written extended integer classes which have been used in commercial
> software.
> I have read all the discussion on multiprecision
>
> Therefore I am sure I am not qualified to review the submission in any
> detail.
> However if I have a vote , it is for acceptance.
>
> p.s. Add to John's list :
> 5) Know enough to know how little one knows about the problem domain.

Sounds like you're being too humble! If you get a chance, despite your
comments above, I think we would be collectively interested in your
thoughts regarding the proposed Multiprecision library within the context
of your past experience with "big integer" types.

(As review manager, it's my job to do a little prodding here and there.)

- Jeff