Subject: Re: [boost] Still a monolithic library? Or a bunch of independent ones?
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-20 17:20:59

On Jun 20, 2012, at 1:40 AM, hello world wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It's been a few years since I didn't come around boost.org, and I was
> just wondering...
>
> Is boost still a monolithic library? or Is it a collection of separate
> libraries now?

I don't think that boost was ever a monolithic library, though it is distributed as one.

> Or to state it another way:
>
> Is it ``easy'' to take only one library's files from the boost
> distribution and use it. Or do I have to carry everything around even
> If I'm using just one library?

There's a tool, 'bcp' specifically for extracting subsets (as small as a single library) from the boost distribution.

-- Marshall

Marshall Clow Idio Software <mailto:mclow.lists_at_[hidden]>

A.D. 1517: Martin Luther nails his 95 Theses to the church door and is promptly moderated down to (-1, Flamebait).
        -- Yu Suzuki