Subject: Re: [boost] Boost and exceptions
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-21 17:40:32

Le 21/06/12 19:12, Robert Ramey a écrit :
> John Maddock wrote:
>> Sorry but suggesting we just revert something back to a way it never
>> actually was in the first place, after it's been functioning
>> apparently OK for 4 years, and which users may well have been relying
>> on over that time isn't going to wash.
> lol - I guess the best arguement against my proposal would be to say
> that my proposal at this point (if that's what it was) would be engaging in
> the same
> practice that I've been arguing against in the first place. Which would
> be a tough argument to counter. It's sort of like eating my own tail. lol
>
> If this discussion prevents some future library author from gratuitously
> extending the dependencies of existing code, it will have been worthwhile.
>
> Still, I would like to consider one thing that might inprove things;
>
> a) boost::throw_exception would be deprecated. (not changed)
> b) the same facility would be invoked by:
>
> #include<boost/exception/throw_exception.hpp>
> boost::exception::throw_exception ....

Hi Robert,

I propose you a different thing. Instead of changing again the name of
boost::throw_exception, we can add something like
boost::throw_strict_exception that will either throw the given exception
or no throw at all depending on BOOST_NO_EXCEPTIONS as it was the case
before the introduction of Boost.Exception.

Best,
Vicente