Subject: Re: [boost] program options (consider using BOOST_THROW_EXCEPTION)
From: Rowan James (rowanj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-27 08:38:18

On 27 June 2012 22:14, Alex Perry <Alex.Perry_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Vladimir Prus on 27 June 2012 10:41 wrote :
>
> > What practical value would source location somewhere in any.hpp give you?
> >
> >- Volodya
>

> Minor value I admit - but as I think someone mentioned earlier - its very
> easy to move to this throw site after catching the exception in application
> code and then can add a breakpoint and rerun.
>
> Alex

Indeed, at the very least it's a source location to put a breakpoint at.
 It doesn't pollute the output of what() where meaningful messages have
been put in, but does supplement diagostic_information(...), which I at
least only output to internally-visible or debug streams; not user-visible
messages.