Subject: Re: [boost] [1.51][Release] Short release cycle
From: Steve Ramsey (steve_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-06-30 15:36:40

On Jun 30, 2012, at 8:43 AM, Lars Viklund wrote:
> I'm just fearing that there'll be more premature C++11 taint by the day
> in Boost, making it less and less usable on C++03 as versions come out.

My thinking on this is that just because you're forced to live in a cave and code on bongos is no reason why I can't have nice things. Besides, it's a bit difficult to "establish 'existing practice' and provide reference implementations so that Boost libraries are suitable for eventual standardization" when you aren't even targeting the current standard.

                        Steve