Subject: [boost] Review Request: odeint
From: Mario Mulansky (mario.mulansky_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-02 07:05:03

Hi,

after getting some good amount of positive feedback on our talk at
boostcon we are now asking for a formal review process of the odeint
library, currently hosted on github:
https://github.com/headmyshoulder/odeint-v2

odeint provides routines for numerically solving Ordinary Differential
Equations, a task heavily required when approaching scientific problems
numerically. In odeint we have implemented the most common algorithms in
a modern, generic way which provides several advantages over existing
implementations. The main focus of odeint is to separate algorithms from
the underlying basic computation unit. This allows for example to easily
use the power of modern GPUs via CUDA or OpenCL to speed up
computational heavy simulations.

Features:
- provides most of the standard algorithms, including step size control,
dense ouput and extrapolation routines
- symplectic routines for Hamiltonian systems
- implicit routines based on boost::ublas (MTL4 in progress)
- high level integrate functions
- interchangeable computation backend with existing bindings to CUDA and
OpenCL
- native support of ODEs defined for complex values
- support of Boost.Units in most of the algorithms
- support of arbitrary precision types

The code is hosted on github:
https://github.com/headmyshoulder/odeint-v2

Documentation/Tutorial:
http://headmyshoulder.github.com/odeint-v2/doc/index.html

We are, of course, looking for a review manager as well.

Thanks!

Karsten and Mario