Subject: Re: [boost] [1.51][Release] Short release cycle
From: Rich E (reakinator_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-02 21:38:38

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 9:47 AM, Tim Blechmann <tim_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> well, atm, only very few compilers provide std::atomics. no idea about
> the m$ world, but boost.lockfree requires gcc-4.7 or the latest clang
> (the one currently shipped by xcode is not sufficient)
> so for now one has to look hard for a compiler, that boost.lockfree
> would support out of the box.

The libc++ version of Xcode coming out this month (4.5) supports C++11
atomics, also currently accessible if you are a member of one of Apple's
developer programs.

I've been watching and waiting for Boost.lockfree for some time now, I know
of two separate open source projects that could really make use of this
tool. I would be happy to participate in testing as I see it is already in
svn trunk, although please forgive me for being slow as I've so far only
been using boost from compiled binaries.

Happy to see this moving forward!

Cheers,
Rich