Subject: Re: [boost] [1.51][Release] Short release cycle
From: Oliver Kowalke (oliver.kowalke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-05 14:00:48

Am 01.07.2012 12:19, schrieb Jürgen Hunold:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> On Friday, 29. June 2012 13:07:04 Oliver Kowalke wrote:
>>> Not yet, there's a few things we need to sort out. The most important
>>> is that the regression test results are good. Can you mark up expected
>>> failures in 'status/explicit-failures-markup.xml' (remember to check
>>> the xml before committing, there's instructions at the top of the
>>> file)? Do you have any idea why Visual C++ 10 is failing?
>> You are refering to tests RW_VC10 and RW_Mingw45? This is because the owner
>> of this computers does not have the MASM (assembler) in its search dir.
> Any chance of getting a gas implementation to support working without MASM?
> What happens if one wants to cross compile Boost.Context from Linux or OS X?
> Do you know if there is a MASM compatible cross compiler available?
>
> Yours,
>
> Jürgen
The syntax could be transformed into NASM syntax but the problem is that
each assembler has its own syntax and
I beleive it is likly that I'm faced to requests to support assembler
'xyz' on platform 'abc' too.
Therefore I decided to support only a standard assembler on a platform.
(MASM is distributed with the Windows SDKs)

regards,
Oliver