Subject: Re: [boost] [EXTERNAL] Clang Darwin trunk Cray 8.0 and max_digits10 support - problem in config?
From: Michel Morin (mimomorin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-10 09:14:45

First, as a user of the Boost libraries, I'd like to say thank you to
Noel and all the testers for providing the testing resources.

Belcourt, Kenneth wrote:
>> 2. Did you install libc++? If not, please install it. See the instruction
>> "Get it and get involved!" at http://libcxx.llvm.org/ .
>
> Sorry, missed this crucial step.
[...]
> The instructions suggest this:
>
> To build on Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), you need a helper library
> and header found here. cp cxxabi.h to /usr/include,
> and cp libc++abi.dylib to /usr/lib.
>
> But I'm not a sysadmin so I can't write into those locations.
> Do you know if clang will work correctly if those files are located elsewhere?

OK, so you cannot install libc++ to the standard location.
Let's try the following and see how it goes:

1. Download and build libc++.

2. Move to "SOME_PATH/libcxx/lib" ("SOME_PATH" is the location
where you downloaded libc++). Make a symbolic link or a copy of
"libc++.1.dylib" as "libc++.dylib" in the same directory.

3. Copy "cxxabi.h" to "SOME_PATH/libcxx/include"
and "libc++abi.dylib" to "SOME_PATH/libcxx/lib".

4. Run the test runner script with
* adding "-ISOME_PATH/libcxx/include" to <cxxflags>,
* adding "-LSOME_PATH/libcxx/lib" to <linkflags>,
* adding "SOME_PATH/libcxx/lib" to environment variable "DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH".
Maybe something like
    env DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=SOME_PATH/libcxx/lib python run.py ...

Regards,
Michel