Subject: Re: [boost] [graph] interest in resumable dijkstra?
From: Jeremiah Willcock (jewillco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-07-30 10:54:20

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012, Dave Abrahams wrote:

> on Fri Jul 13 2012, Alex Hagen-Zanker <ahh34-AT-cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/7130.
>>
>> To see for yourself: http://people.pwf.cam.ac.uk/ahh34/dijkstra_test.zip
>>
>> I am interested to hear your opinion.
>
> It might make sense to consider whether Boost.Context could be used to
> do this job without major restructuring of the existing dijkstra code.
> http://lists.boost.org/boost-announce/2011/05/0310.php

It would work, but I think using a lower-level, more general library like
that would have a higher performance impact than doing something
algorithm-specific. I think doing something like a manual translation of
N3328 resumable functions or similar to get generators (with event points
as yield statements) would be faster, even though it would tangle the
algorithm specification more. I have written macros that help to make
that kind of code cleaner for previous projects, so a variant of them
might help for this use case as well.

-- Jeremiah Willcock